Decred's PoW/PoS Hybrid And Hostile Miner Troubles
Jake Yocom-Piatt, Project Lead at Decred, comes on the Digital Cash Network podcast to break down the project's hybrid security model,
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST:
As well as discuss some issues derived from miner economic interests not lining up with the project as a whole, which affected Decred substantially up until recently.
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:14 Decred's origin story from being rejected by the Bitcoin Core team
- 04:50 How did Decred's hybrid system come about?
- 07:15 Do miners really have a voice in governance?
- 09:40 Decred's miner market manipulation issue
- 12:03 What are the good and bad parts about proof-of-work?
- 17:43 What are the good and bad parts about proof-of-stake?
- 22:50 Decred's original reward breakdown vs. now
- 25:33 Solving Decred's existential miner problem
- 28:48 Is it better to get rid of mining entirely?
- 31:36 What about proof-of-work approaches such as Monero's?
- 35:44 Wrap-up